Master's Research Programs
CLIMATE CHANGE AND ENERGY
From 07 to 10 March 2018, gathered in the premises of the Faculty of Science and Technology of Abdou Moumouni University of Niamey, the various Jury. Students presented their dissertations of Master Research Climate Change and Energy (MRP-CCE) of the West African Science Service Center on Climate Change and Adapted Land Use (WASCAL) successfully, a very brilliant release for the second batch of CCE Niamey.
In the framework of RARSUS project (Risk Assessment and Reduction Strategies for Sustainable Urban Resource Supply in Sub-Saharan Africa), WASCAL MRP-CCE has received in this morning (16/03/2018) four researchers from ZEF. The two groups are in charge of the WP4 on water management, assessment of the impacts of urbanization on water cycle, development of strategies to manage floods, and assessment (and identify options to utilize) of the potentials of agriculture in urban/periurban environments of Niamey. The aims of their visit are to:
- Meet with local partners involve in the project;
- Visit the potential sites for floods monitoring, hydrological modeling and irrigation;
- Get additional data.
The team from ZEF is constituted with:
Dr. Bernhard Tischbein
Dr. John Lamers
Dr. Sarah Verleysdonk
Dr. Navneet Kumar
Placed Under the High Patronage of the Minister of Higher Education, Research and Innovation;
Under the presidency of the Rector of the University ABDOU MOUMOUNI of Niamey.
The graduation ceremony of the second batch, "Dr. MAMOUDOU OUATTARA", was held at WASCAL MRP CCE in the presence of officials:
• The Minister of Higher Education, Research and Innovation;
• The Representative of His Excellency the Ambassador of Germany to Niger;
• The Rector of the ABDOU MOUMOUNI University of Niamey;
• The Representative of the Executive Director WASCAL;
• The Dean of the Faculty of Science and Technology;
• The Representative of the Capacity Bulding Director WASCAL;
• Director WASCAL MRP-CCE Niamey;
• Representative of the President of the Scientific Advisory Committee WASCAL;
• Dr. Ouattara, former Director Capacity Bulding WASCAL;
• VIP guests and student recipients.
The speeches were especially marked by the thanks of the German authorities, particularly the BMBF for the financial support that ensured quality training for the students. The students were commended for the discipline and commitment they showed during the training. They also received advice and recommendations for their careers.
Dr MAMOUDOU OUATTARA also thanked the leaders of the Master Climate Change and Energy.
The ceremony was completed by graduation to the students.
For information, additional information on the program:
Tel.: +227 20 31 50 14 / 69 89 79 81
E-mail : firstname.lastname@example.org
B.P: 10662 FAST Niamey